I had the great honor of attending the President Barack Obama event held in Oakland a few weeks ago. (I will try to start blogging as events happen and not wait so long).
It was Awesome!
The line was long and when I say long I mean, wrapped around the corner couldn't see the end of it long. I was blessed with a great Boss who gave me a chance of a lifetime.
Not only was the weather beautiful in Oakland but the Presidential Hype was all around!
From the moment I left work, seeing the local police and Sheriff's line up ready for the motorcade, the Waste management workers standing outside waiting to get a glimpse of our President to the older lady in her wheelchair at the BART station talking about how she had just gotten stuck at a light for the longest and then to her surprise the President passed by, im telling you the Presidential Hype was alive and well.
It's always great to see and hear about the great things that happen in Oakland.
OMG! I thought Former President Bill Clinton and First Lady Michelle Obama were great speakers (no offense) but the President is AWESOME! The President took the stage and there was a 2 minute standing Ovation!
I sat in the 2nd balcony at the Fox Theatre. The crowd was very mixed. There were small children and elderly men, All the way diverse in every way.
I am so excited to see him again at the National Democratic Convention.
OBAMA 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment